Archive for January, 2009

Moniker Whois email problem

Last night I was randomly in my Moniker account and noticed nearly all of my domains contact email address had a misspelling in them.  I hadn’t changed anything so I knew it wasnt my error.  When I went into the backend to change the mistake it showed the correct email address.  I clicked on update anyway to see if that would correct the problem and it did.  Moniker didnt get back to me until this morning when it was already fixed so they were confused at first but now are looking into it deeper.

This is obviously a major problem due to two things.  One, potential buyers are not able to reach you for a potential sale.  I have no idea how long this error lasted but I regularly get offers through the whois.

Secondly, if someone posts incorrect info in the whois I believe that is grounds to have the domain taken away.  This is scary stuff, especially considering the response I am getting from Moniker which are basically blaming me and telling me I must have went in and changed my contact information.  I did no such thing.  I will await there response on this one to see what they come up with.  I cc’ed Monte on all the emails.

If this has ever happened to anyone please share.  In my 8 years in domaining I have never heard of such a story.

January 16, 2009 at 9:50 am 1 comment


Domaining blog recommended by Domaining.com

Blog Stats

  • 9,547 hits